July 17, 2007
Tomorrow is July 18th....that is my mother's birthday. Now, my mother has been gone since 1985, but July 18th is still a day I remember her fondly. I still think of my mother almost everyday. I wonder what her life would have been like if she had lived longer than my dad. I wonder if she would have felt free for the first time in her life, or would she think she had to live life just as she did with him hovering over her. I wonder if she would have met someone wonderful and lived happily ever after or just lived life to the fullest alone, which I'm sure would have been just fine with her!
Every time we eat at Mimi's Cafe, I think about how much she would have loved it. I think it opened the year after she died. It was just her kind of place. However, my dad would have hated it, so it would have been a place she and I would have gone for lunch, something we did oh so seldom.
Some people have funny mom's like our cousin Cathy. Some people have really nurturing and caring moms like, well, I'm not sure I knew any nurturing moms but I'm sure they were out there. OH! OH! OH! I know! My Grandmother was nurturing and caring.....And some people had adventurous mom's like the lady down the street who had the bike made for 3 who rode down the street with her kids laughing on the back. Some mom's wore gloves and hats and took their daughters shopping. Well, my mom was practical. Nuff said on that.....
My mother was zaftig.....zaftig...like the naked ladies in the paintings hanging over the tables at North Woods Inn....Zaftig and practical...hummmm
Well, she would have been 88 tomorrow. It's funny how life just goes on when someone dies, just like that. Weddings happen, babies are born and others die. Just like that.
Anyway, that's what I was thinking about today, July 17th.....
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment