The other day while walking from the car into a favorite restaurant, I noticed my shoe was rubbing a little on my left pinkie toe. I hate when that happens. I immediately began to think about the day I had coming up. My only thought about the day was ‘what shoes will I wear?”. Not for a fashion statement, mind you, but for shear comfort sake. Which ones will not hurt, pinch, smother, slip, steam or otherwise be a distraction and still look like I care what I look like? It was the only thought as I walked with my left little toe yelling for help.
When was it that we went from “I don’t care how they feel, I just want them to be cute,’ to, “ I don’t care how they look, I just want them to be comfortable!” I don’t know. As a fashion plate myself, I always scoffed at my mother’s shoes. “I will never wear old lady shoes. I don’t care how uncomfortable they are, I will always be in fashion!” I said those very words to my own, Sainted Mother! Her reply was always the same, “I don’t care! They are comfortable” Bah! I thought. Never will I utter those defeatist words, “I don’t care, they are comfortable!”
When was it that we turned into our mothers? Somewhere between Go Go Boots and Dr. Scholl’s we slipped into the dark abyss of only wanting Comfortable Shoes. I hate when that happens!
Wednesday, August 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment