Thursday, August 2, 2007
The Man In The Moon
While coming home late last night from the Ahmonson Theatre (Jersey Boys, thanks for asking), I had not taken my glasses off as I usually do. I only wear them to the movies or the theatre or to drive at night. Occasionally to watch TV. I always say I don’t really need them, but it is much nicer with them on. Well, yes! But, anyway, I had left them on out of sheer laziness. We were driving along the winding 110 toward Pasadena when I noticed something wonderful! The man in the moon!!! He was perfect in an almost full moon on this beautiful summer night. I always look for the man from my childhood book that I can never remember the name of, and tonight he was just as illustrated so many years ago! Perfect! I’ve seen him many times before, but tonight he was so clear!!! I said to Steve, ‘look at the man in the moon!’ A mistake as he was driving on the winding 110, so he so brilliantly ignored my exuberant request! Thank you, dear! I just kept thinking about how clear the man was! Was it because the sky was clear? Was it the time of year? Was it just because I was with Steve and enjoying the afterglow of a romantic evening? Was it the pull of the tide? Was it just a gift from God? No....I had my glasses on! I always forget that I do see better with my glasses. When I have them on, just to make sure there is a difference, I take them on and off and see the difference. I don’t know why, I just do. Like I said, I can see alright without them, but it just makes it a little brighter; like my man in the moon! So, I took them off and looked up into the night sky, and low and behold, the man in the moon looked just like he had in years past without my glasses! Just a little hazy. Who knew?!!! Does this mean I’ll wear my glasses more? Probably not...just on nights when the man in the moon is winking at me...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment